Paddling enthusiasts are gaga for our waterfront location on the Kennebunk River. Yachtsman Hotel & Marina Club guests have direct access to 5 miles of kayaking and canoeing adventure. Will you paddle upriver with the incoming tide, beneath Durrells Bridge and along quiet, winding stretches of this historic artery? Or point your kayak south toward the sea, being ever mindful of boat traffic, as you paddle past Gooch’s Beach at the mouth of the river? Our marina partner makes it easy to get out on the water to see Kennebunkport in ways landlubbers miss.
Canoe and kayak rentals from Kennebunkport Marina are an amenity that is unique to the Yachtsman Hotel & Marina Club – Show your Yachtsman room key and receive a $10 discount. So, this is your chance to indulge your passion for paddling or perhaps to try something new. Single kayaks, two-person tandem kayaks and canoes that hold up to three people are available for guests’ use. The marina’s professional staff can also provide you with a map and guidance for navigating the tidal Kennebunk River. Ask our concierge to arrange for a lunch that you can stow aboard until you reach Picnic Rock: a glacial boulder that is the ideal upriver place to rest and refuel.
67 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME; 207-967-3411
When you’re ready to spend a day on the water exploring the coast, Coastal Maine Kayak & Bike will outfit you with a kayak or stand-up paddleboard with options for half and whole day rentals. Folks who would like to learn a bit about the waterways in which they are paddling will love their guided kayak tours.
8 Western Ave, Kennebunk, ME; 207-967-6065
Traveling with Your Own Kayak or Canoe?
Then, once you’ve paddled the Kennebunk River, consider a kayaking or canoeing excursion from one of these other Kennebunkport-area launch sites:
- Cape Porpoise Causeway, Pier Road, Kennebunkport (accessible from 3 hours before until 3 hours after high tide)
- Colony Beach, Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport
- Goose Rocks Beach, Kings Highway, Kennebunkport
- Mousam River Boat Landing, Route 9 (Western Avenue), Kennebunk
- Little River, Granite Point Road, Biddeford (one of three launches within the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge)
- Vine’s Landing, Biddeford Pool (avoid launching against the tide)
- Footbridge Beach, Ocean Street, Ogunquit